This was such a popular topic! There were heaps of requests for this particular round up! So we collected up 40 of the most gorgeous Citrus Bullet Journal Theme Ideas! We loved this theme for summer, and it was a stunning addition to our blitz weeks! Combining orange and yellow to ease us into yellow week. Loved it!
Some interesting facts about citrus
- An orange tree blooms while also bearing fruit.
- Brazil is the leading orange producer in the world producing about 30% of the world’s output. 94% of the country’s orange production is concentrated in the state of Sao Paulo. Brazil is also the leading exporter of orange fruits and orange juice.
- It takes 5-7 years for an orange tree to start to produce good, edible fruit.
- There is more fiber in an orange than in most other fruits and veggies.
- All oranges contain something called “carotene” this is what gives them their orange color.
- Roll a room temperature lemon on the counter a few times to maximize the amount of juice.
- The state of Florida is the orange-growing state accounting for 70% of the country’s production. Over 90% of the oranges produced in the US go to Juice making.
- Why is citrus green sometimes? The Florida night temperatures are warm, which causes more chlorophyll to migrate to the peel. Remember the fruit is still ripe and sweet despite their color. Remember Green is Beautiful!
- How did these varieties get their names?
- Navel – a Navel Orange develops a second orange at the base of the fruit. From the outside, it looks like a navel.
- Honeybell – The Honeybell has a bell shaped end and are as sweet as honey.