If you are on the hunt for some of the cutest most adorable mushroom inspired spreads – look no further! Holy moly! These are amazing and you find a full list of A-Z Themes over on our alphabetical theme list
Head down to the bottom of this post to find some gorgeous mushroom goodies you can buy too, to make you spreads look amazing.
Some interesting facts about mushrooms:
- Mushrooms are one of the few natural sources of vitamin D, which is essential for healthy bones and teeth.
- Mushrooms contain virtually no salt.
- Mushrooms are best stored unwashed in brown paper bags in the refrigerator, preferably on the lowest shelf. Alternatively use a cloth bag or clean tea towel to wrap them.
- Mushrooms contain more potassium than most other fruit and vegetables: one medium brown mushroom contains more potassium than banana.
- Ancient Egyptians believed that mushrooms grew by magic, because of the way they could appear overnight.
- Mushrooms contain more protein than most vegetables.
- Did you know that the “Iceman” discovered in the Italian Alps in 1991 (and thought to have died 5 000 years ago) was carrying dried mushrooms with him?
- Mushrooms have no skin so they can lose water to the atmosphere very easily. That is why they grow in high humidity (lots of water vapor in the air) conditions.
- Mushrooms need to breath just like humans do, except they do not have lungs. Mushroom cells exchange gases directly with the atmosphere. If the body of the mushroom is submerged in water it is comparable to drowning.
Our amazing 40+ Featured mushroom spreads!
Shop for adorable mushroom goodies!
(Remember these are affiliate links! so I make a small commission at no extra cost to you!)