20+ Scrumptious Cupcake inspired bullet journal layout ideas
I love cupcakes, and I was on the hunt for cupcake inspired bullet journal ideas.
Nom nom nom! Hellllooooo Cupcakes! We know how much joy a good cupcake can bring us! Now I am no miracle worker on the ‘ol cupcakes but a close friend of mine is a cupcake making machine! So she actually inspired me to collect these amazing cupcake inspired bullet journal layout ideas and themes!
If you are looking for ways to add recipes to your journal – check out this post
Easy-Peasy Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
A simple vanilla cupcake recipe to make when you are finished staring at all these delicious cupcake spreads.
- 150 g Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk (I sometimes swap this out for almond milk)
Butter Cream Icing
- 100 g Butter Softened
- 1 1/2 cups Icing Sugar (Use flavored icing sugar if you can find it!)
- 1-2 tsp milk
- Sprinkles to decorate
- Preheat oven to 190°C conventional or 170°C fan-forced
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until smooth, add Sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs and mix well.
- Add the sifted flour, milk and vanilla, beat until smooth. Place paper baking cases in a cupcake tin, spoon in mixture until they are about 2/3 full (don’t overfill or they will form peaks).
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden or until they spring back when lightly pressed.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool while you prepare the icing.
Butter Cream Icing
- Beat the butter until it is pale and fluffy.
- Sift in the Icing Sugar and mix, adding milk until you have a light, fluffy mixture.
- Add extra milk if you need a softer consistency. Spread or pipe icing over cupcakes and top with decorations as desired.
Interesting facts about cupcakes!
- The first mention of the cupcake can be traced as far back as 1796, when a recipe notation of “a light cake to bake in small cups” was written in American Cookery by Amelia Simmons.
- A standard cupcake uses the same basic ingredients as standard-sized cakes: butter, sugar, eggs, and flour.
- Because their small size is more efficient for heat conduction, cupcakes bake much faster than a normal layered cake.
- During baking, the volume of the batter initially increases due to the production of carbon dioxide, then decreases upon cooling due to the release of leavening gases.
- Originally, cupcakes were baked in heavy pottery cups. Some bakers still use individual ramekins, small coffee mugs, large tea cups, or other small ovenproof pottery-type dishes for baking cupcakes.
- Sprinkles is the first cupcake shop to debut a cupcake ATM, which could hold up to 350 cupcakes at one time
Our amazing 20+ featured cupcake inspired bullet journal ideas
I love how this recipe has been included in this layout. Such a great idea for your bullet journal
What a beautiful and realistic cupcake addition to this bullet journal, the detail in the highlighted space is gorgeous
Love the use of these cupcake stickers to make a really delicious feel to the bullet journal layout