Oh the humble humble donut! or Doughnut! How ever you spell it these donut bullet journal layout and spread ideas will have your mouth watering and your inspiration flying!
It seems as though I’ve been on somewhat of a food bent when it comes to looking at spreads lately, donuts, ice-cream – coffee – cupcakes – all the things that make you want to be super unhealthy! Donuts go well with coffee! You can see more of our inspiration here
So I thought ok – Lets give a simple reciepe for donuts and then come fascinating donut facts!
So thanks to mental floss I grabbed these interesting facts about donuts:
- Over 1 billion donuts are made in the USA each year. Ummmmm WTF!
- Boston has the most donut shops per person – probably where 90% of the 1 billion are being sold!
- The french used to call their donuts “Nuns farts”
- Back in the 1950s, police officers on the graveyard shift would stop by doughnut shops—which were among the few establishments open late—to do paperwork and have a snack. Eventually a reciprocal relationship developed: Doughnut shop owners welcomed the protection of police officers, and police officers liked having a place to chow down late at night, so the association stuck around.
- During World War I, Salvation Army workers would bring soldiers doughnuts and coffee in the trenches of France to cheer them up and remind them of home. That’s actually really sweet! << Pun intended
- Though many countries have independently developed their own version of doughnuts, the Dutch are widely attributed with bringing the fried pastry to America prior to the Revolutionary War, originally calling them “olykoeks,” meaning “oily cakes.”