Well Hello! As we head out of summer and into autumn – well back into summer for us in New Zealand! Watermelon Season comes up quick. Now I grew up in South Africa – where apparently the largest number of watermelons come from! They are such a pretty fruit so finding amazing Watermelon bullet journal ideas was not hard at all!
Our top 10 favorite watermelon spreads
Amazing facts about watermelons and how you can tell if they ripe!
- Watermelons have been cultivated in Egypt for more than 5,000 years. Egyptians depicted watermelon in drawings on the walls of tombs and even left watermelon with their dead to nourish them as they journeyed through the underworld.
- Watermelons are 92 percent water. Early explorers sometimes carried watermelons instead of canteens.
- A watermelon will not grow in your belly if you eat the seeds. In fact, the seeds are actually quite nutritious with high levels of magnesium, zinc and protein. Chew the seeds before swallowing for optimum nutrition.
- Have you ever had a watermelon seed spitting contest? Jason Schayot is an expert watermelon seed spitter. He holds the world record for watermelon seed spitting at 75 feet 2 inches, set in 1995.
- Americans eat more watermelon by weight than any other fruit. Watermelon producers in America grow more than 4 billion pounds of watermelon annually.
- If you tap tap tap your watermelon and it sounds hollow? Its ready for eating!