Have you ever asked yourself – what are the things i wish i knew before starting a bullet journal ?
I did a call out on Instagram for people to help me identify gaps that they had when starting out with bullet journaling. They answers came in fast and strong! So I grouped them together and created this list:
- As its a hot topic at the moment! Giving people who inspire you credit for the work they have helped you create: you can read more about it in our post on copyright
- Don’t compare yourself with others! Your chapter 1 is totally different from their chapter 10.
- Bullet journaling can become and obsession or addiction!
- “Even though enough people told me I can customize it – I didn’t believe them!” – This was from @lizaoldfield on Instagram, and I think thats one of the most daughting starting points is that the whole thing is totally customisable but where do you start!?
- That you can get supplies for cheap instead of investing in something more expensive (Eg: crayola super tips vs tombows)
- Instead of getting frustrated and tearing pages out – you can just stick them together (which is another one we cover in our post on how to fix mistakes!)
- “If I had known it was the perfect solution to my organisation issues, I would have started much earlier!” from @musa.in.science on instagram. In a separate voting question we asked our followers if Bullet journaling made you more productive and 68% of the 437 replies said YES! Another follower stated that her schedule was somewhat non traditional and that it was perfect for that!
- That you can track your habits and really get a good insight into your personal life!
- That dutch doors can be a life saver for people that need extra space!
- That pen testing can save your journal! Test them in the back first!
- That starting out is a bit like an experiment to see what works for you, and its ok to keep trying with it!
- Dont follow a set of guidelines, see what works best for you.