- Only the males are actually “Peacocks”
- More than one pea-animal is called peafowl
- A family of peafowls are called a “bevy”
- They are not born with those amazing feathers!
- They can fly despite being massively heavy and having massive long tails
- There are also white peafowls (I’ve actually seen them in Italy and they were amazing)
- Sadly – they were a delicacy in medieval times – i guess they must have tasted a little bit like chicken or duck? Apparently they tasted terrible though.
- Apparently they can FAKE an orgasim! When having sexy time with a lady – they let out a howl and sometimes can fake the howl to attract more women!!
- Thier feathers a covered in microscopic crystal like structures
We know you also love purple and blue spreads we have included some of those to excite your inspiration With some help from this post over at mental floss I summarised the top facts to share!