Granted – I am quickly running out of blue things to talk about! So for these Blue Bullet journal spreads we can keep it short and sweet an hopefully you find what I cover interesting! Here is a link to all our other blue posts.
Interesting facts about the color blue!
1. In ancient Rome, blue was associated with barbarians. Wearing blue was looked down on as a sign of eccentricity or mourning, and blue eyes were considered a sign of bad character or a physical deformity.
2. Because of the low usage of blue in ancient Greek and Rome, researchers in the 1800s wondered if the ancient Greeks and Romans could even see the color blue. (They could.)
3. In the twelfth and thirteenth centuries, merchants of woad (a blue plant-based dye) and madder (a red plant-based dye) competed fiercely and even violently to discredit each other’s colors.
4. Levi Strauss denim jeans were the first garments to have the brand name displayed on the outside. This was done to distinguish them from competing blue jeans brands Lee and Blue Bell (now Wrangler).
5. More than half of American adults today say blue is their favorite color. Pastoreau suggests that this statistic be taken with a grain of salt, even as he cites it as evidence of just how far blue has come since antiquity.
6. It makes eating very unappealing, so its a great dieting color for plates.
7. It is a color shown to help you solve creative problems. (while green stimulates creativity, blue is suggested for creative problem solving)
8. Blue can help you stay physically calmer, regulating heart beat and breathing in studies of video gamers!
9. Blue pigment was so rare in nature that historically it was prized in a lavish way.
10. Sick children prefer to be taken care of by people wearing blue (note to moms, dads and nannies)
11. Whereas other colors in nature tend to be a function of pigment, blue color tends to be created by an object’s actual structure. Blue, in a sense, is built-in where it is mainly found in nature. How cool and sort of mystical!
Some gorgeous Blue Bullet journal spreads accessories
Our Featured Blue Bullet journal spreads: