Welcome again to another gorgeous bullet journal collection. This time our collection contains 51 amazing nautical and ocean bullet journal spread, layouts and ideas!
So if you are looking to have your next spread or layout inspired by the ocean, whales or other adorable sea creatures, you are in the right place! Although if you are looking for even more inspiration check out our Mermaid post with some mermaid inspiration!
If you would like some cute land animals instead – check out these cute Llamas
Where can I learn to draw an ocean bullet journal layout?
Over at Blush and May – she had a stunning spread “plan with me” idea that actually inspired many of these gorgeous spreads.
You can follow her YouTube tutorial here and it’s awesome! So you can follow this to learn to draw gorgeous nautical and ocean bullet journal spreads inspired by the sea!
Let us learn some things about the ocean!
Creating a nautical or an ocean inspired bullet journal theme can be really awesome – but why not learn some really fun things about the ocean first!
- Around 70% of the Earth’s surface is covered by oceans.
- The largest ocean on Earth is the Pacific Ocean, covering around 30% of the Earth’s surface.
- The name “Pacific Ocean” comes form the Latin name Tepre Pacificum, “peaceful sea”.
- The longest mountain range in the world is found under water. Stretching over 56,000km, the Mid-Oceanic Ridge is a mountain chain that runs along the centre of the ocean basins.
- We have only explored about 5% of the world’s oceans. There’s a lot more to be discovered!
- More than 90 percent of goods traded between countries are transported by sea.
- The Great Barrier Reef, measuring 2,000 km in length, is the largest living structure on Earth. It can be seen from the Moon.
- Reefs protect human populations along coastlines from wave and storm damage by serving as buffers between oceans and near-shore communities.
- Although there are some treaties that protect ocean-going species such as whales, as well as some fisheries agreements, there are no protected areas in the High Seas.
- Mangroves provide nurseries for 85 percent of commercial fish species in the tropics.
Want to shop for some really cute ocean inspired bullet journal accessories?
Some gorgeous creative ocean bullet journal spreads!
Our featured spreads this week are gorgeous with some of them so artistically drawn. As mentioned before many of the posts this week drew from the amazing video from Blush and May which showed you how to draw a whale in your bullet journal.