Updated August 2020
September bujo layouts are always fun! Its either heading straight into autumn or into spring depending on where you are in the world! This makes it like a “transition” month and really fun to create with in your bullet journal!
Creating the perfect opening spread for your new month can be really daunting, so to help we have put together 27 gorgeous September bullet journal layout ideas for you to cast your eyes over.
Are you looking for some other specific months? We have a whole section dedicated to monthly. bujo ideas on the blog 🙂
What is the easiest way to create a september bullet journal layout?
In New Zealand (or the Southern Hemisphere in general) we are heading into spring in September and that means our September bullet journal layouts and spreads are usually aligned with spring themes, or flowers whereas our Northern Hemisphere people are heading in fall (or autumn) so expect to see a really good mix of spreads based on geographical locations.
7 fun facts about the Month September
Some things maybe you didnt know about September – I know that I didn’t know about it!
- The name September comes from the Latin septem, meaning seven, since it was the seventh month of the Roman calendar, which began with March.
- September has three birth flowers: the forget-me-not, the morning glory, and the aster. Forget-me-nots represent love and memories, asters represent love as well, and the morning glory represents unrequited love.
- The September birthstone is Sapphire
- The Romans believed that the month of September was looked after by the god of the fire and forge – Vulcan. Therefore, they expected fires, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions in this month.
- In 1752, September had only 19 days in the UK. The 3rd-13th were omitted in the change from Julian to Gregorian calendar.
- On an average September day more babies are born in the US than on a day in any other month.
- In the UK, September 26 is the most common birthday for people born in the last 20 years
Hello September bullet journal cover page
Having a cover page is not something you need to do, but it can also give you intention to your month and makes for a good book divider! There are a ton of ways you can use the sept bujo ideas to get your month started!