*Imagine my spooky voice* Helllllooooooooo halloweeeeeeennnn! Of course some people celebrate it and some people don’t. Its not huge here in New Zealand and there are times I wish we lived in the USA sometimes to let my son enjoy it just once! So I personally wont be using this for Halloween Bullet Journal Layouts and Spreads inspiration! If you are looking for other months inspiration head over here.
So what is Halloween and how did it come about?
- Halloween is the second highest grossing commercial holiday after Christmas. Thats pretty dam sad.
- Samhainophobia is the fear of Halloween.
- The owl is a popular Halloween image. In Medieval Europe, owls were thought to be witches, and to hear an owl’s call meant someone was about to die.
- The largest pumpkin ever measured was grown by Norm Craven, who broke the world record in 1993 with a 836 lb. pumpkin.
- With their link to the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain (a precursor to Halloween) and later to witches, cats have a permanent place in Halloween folklore. During the ancient celebration of Samhain, Druids were said to throw cats into a fire, often in wicker cages, as part of divination proceedings.
- alloween was influenced by the ancient Roman festival Pomona, which celebrated the harvest goddess of the same name. Many Halloween customs and games that feature apples (such as bobbing for apples) and nuts date from this time. In fact, in the past, Halloween has been called San-Apple Night and Nutcrack Night.
- Mexico celebrates the Days of the Dead (Días de los Muertos) on the Christian holidays All Saints’ Day (November 1) and All Souls’ Day (November 2) instead of Halloween. The townspeople dress up like ghouls and parade down the street.
- Halloween celebrations in Hong Kong are known as Yue Lan or the “Festival of the Hungry Ghosts” during which fires are lit and food and gifts are offered to placate potentially angry ghosts who might be looking for revenge
- Both Salem, Massachusetts, and Anoka, Minnesota, are the self-proclaimed Halloween capitals of the world
Fun Halloween Bullet Journal Layouts and Spreads accessories
Our 29 Featured Halloween Bullet Journal Layouts and Spreads: