Space! The final frontier 😛 haha perfect opening line for an entire post about galaxy and space themed bullet journal spreads. I was somewhat unsure about what to cover for galaxy and space themed bullet journal spreads so decided on….. 12 fun facts about space!
7 Fun Facts about Space!
This list was created from a variety of different sources from NASA to other cool observataries
- In space the skin on your feet peels off! This is a pretty gross fact but in the micro-gravity environment, astronauts are not using their feet to walk. Therefore the skin on their feet starts to soften and flakes off.
- On Venus a day is longer than a year.
- One million Earths can fit inside the Sun
- You become taller in Space. Another change to the human body in micro-gravity is that spine straightens out, as gravity is not pushing you down. In fact you can be up to as much as 5cm taller in the Space Station.
- The hottest planet is not the closest planet to the Sun.Even though Mercury is the closest planet to the Sun, it is not actually the hottest. Mercury does not have any atmosphere meaning that this planet is only hot in the daytime when it is directly facing the Sun. At this stage temperatures can rise to 425°C but at night the planet’s temperature can drop down to a freezing -180°C. Venus is the hottest planet. Its thick clouds trap the Sun’s heat causing Venus to be a sizzling 500°C all of the time!
- You can cry in space but your tears don’t fallOn-board the International Space Station, water floats like bubbles or spheres. However the water will cling to a surface until it is dislodged. This means that tears start to form bubbles around your eyes as the weightless environment is not causing your tears to fall.
- n space metal sticks togetherIn a vacuum like space, when two pieces of metal touch each other they bond together. This is a process called cold welding.
Adorable galaxy and space themed bullet journal spreads accessories to buy
And onto our gorgeous galaxy and space themed bullet journal spreads