Hellllooooo Zendoodles, Zentagles and the like! At the end of the day these Patterned bullet journal themes are repetitive and create a sense of calm and mindfulness! If you are wanting some gorgeous minimal spreads though – head on over to our minimal page!
So according to Psychology Today, Doodling can help you be more mindful:
There is research that indicates that doodling is helpful in memory retention. For example, in one experiment (Andrade, 2010) participants listened to a mock phone message about an upcoming party and were asked to write down the names of people who could attend the party and ignore the names of those who could not attend.
Half of these participants were instructed to fill in little squares and circles on a piece of paper while writing down names; the other half just listened to the messages and only wrote down names. Afterwards participants were given a surprise memory test, after being specifically told they didn’t have to remember anything. The doodlers performed better in memory retention– almost thirty percent better.
Reasons doodling is good for you
- It can help you concentrate
- It can ignite spontaneity and creative ideas.
- Doodlers retain more information.
- Doodling Can Help Process Emotions.
- It can be like mental time out
- Because doodling is associative and not linear, it allows you to visualize a problem and create solutions from a wider perspective instead of a narrow train of thought.
- Doodling can help with stress and mindfulness
- It can be cathartic and relaxing
- It can help you develop out of the box thinking and innovation
- It can hone your drawing skills in a simple way!