(Updated 16 Nov 2019)
Creating the perfect level 10 life spread isn’t just about creating a spread that allows you to focus on your goals, its about setting goals that will increase your productivity and laser focus your mindset going forward. having those goals visual to you in key! So what is the level 10 life?
What is the Level 10 Life?
The concept originally became a hit through Hal Elrods Miracle mornings!
Which you can grab here and I think its available on kindle so grab kindle here!
Right so in the book, which focuses on how to better improve your mornings, Hal discusses the following
“If we’re measuring our levels of success/satisfaction in any area of our lives, we all want to be living our best lives at a ‘Level 10’ in each area. Creating your ‘Level 10 Life’ begins with creating an honest assessment of where you are.”
So a “Point in time” self assessment. Hal also goes on to say:
“Whether you want to make significant improvements in just a few key areas, or you are ready for a major overhaul that will radically transform your entire life—so your current circumstances will soon become only a memory of what was—you’ve picked up the right book. You are about to begin a miraculous journey, using a simple, but revolutionary process that is guaranteed to transform any area of your life… all before 8:00 am.”
How does the level 10 life work?
Setting up a level 10 life spread in your bullet journal or planner can feel over whelming at first, but once you have set up the first one, it is easy to keep repeating them on a regular basis to see how you are tracking! So how does the level 10 life work? Simply put, you divide your life into parts, those parts make up a whole.
You rank those parts on how well you feel they are doing and then find goals or activities you can do to “top up” the ones that are lacking. Finding the topics that are important to you can also feel overwhelming at first, and below we have a couple that might help!
How to set up a level 10 life in your bullet journal
In the standard process as outlined in the miracle mornings, the wheel is intended to contain eight to ten sections sections that, together, represent one way of describing a whole life. The structure is up to you and the sections are up to you. The exercise measures your level of satisfaction in these areas on the day you work through this exercise. It is not a picture of how it has been in the past or what you want it to be in the future. It is a snapshot taken in the moment. So what are some areas to focus on?
Here’s a rough guide to what each area could mean:
- Spiritual – This is your inner world. You experience inner peace, a sense of connection with all things, all is good. This has nothing to do with what’s going on in the outer world. Words like hope, faith, optimism, enthusiasm come to mind.
- Career – You are doing what you love to do. What Buddha called “Right Livelihood.” You bring love to what you do. It supports your heart’s desire and supports others. It doesn’t have to be “perfect”. You may have elements you could love if you weren’t attached to things being different. Words like mission, vision, dharma, purpose come to mind.
- Finances – The expenses are paid by automatic accounting. Organized like a beautiful garden. You know where everything is, you’re tracking the increase, and you are living a lifestyle you love. Again, watch out for the ego comparing you to Oprah and saying you’re a zero.
- Physical environment – You know what this means! The clutter around you is the clutter in your mind. Your car, home, desk, clothes, everything reflects your inner world. Make sure they’re impeccably organized, old things out, space for new to come I, just like your mind. At 10, you are attracting what you desire also.
- Health and fitness: Energizing food, regular exercise, you treat your body as a beautiful template because it is!
Fun & recreation: Are you playing? Really playing? Laugh a lot, be silly, and take out your inner child at least once a week. Dream! Take fun risks, overcome fears (like skydiving) or go for a walk on the beach.
- Personal Development: Read, listen to teachers, expand who you are and exercise your mind. Don’t do this because you need to but because you really love expanding.
- Friends: Do you have close positive friends who cheer you on? Are you adding new friends and colleagues regularly? Are you stretching the kinds of people you meet to expand yourself?
- Family: Do you look forward to being with your family or are you holding grudges still? Do you let them be themselves, with no need to change? No one has a perfect family. They don’t need to change. We need to change ourselves. They help us practice unconditional love.
- Significant Other: You look forward to their company. Smile when you think of them. Even if you’re single, you are mingling, having fun, enlightening those you meet.
What other life topics can I have in my level 10 life?
Look, this list isn’t exhaustive and you should be free to explore the ones that have meaning to you and feel positive and good to you too. This list is just a couple of things that I think would be good to think about when selecting your sections of life to work on.
- Mental health
- Professional Development
- Personal Development
Level 10 life hacks!
Now this is something I find super duper fun! Here are a couple of tricks I like to share in relation to the level 10 life.
- Create 12 segments or sections for your life. And then focus on one segment a month
- If I have ranked my section a 7/10 I find 3 awesome goals to set to make it a 10
- I only choose sections that are relevant to my life or a priority in the near future.
- I set myself smaller goals to make the level 10 life goals a little more achievable!
How I set up my level 10 life in my bullet journal
For 2020 I have set my level 10 life up in a slightly different way! I am looking forward to sharing that with you!
You can include any aspect of your life you want and for mine – I chose only 6 aspects. I used stamps to make it easier! I also wanted something that reflected my life specifically.
I started with a cover page, then headed into making the mason jars for the fireflies and fireflies represent the levels
“Fireflies are tiny messengers that whisper in the darkness; don’t lose hope, because magic does exist”
So we have included this easy to use printable for you to set yourself up or to use in your bullet journal! Click on any of the images to take you to our freebies!
What is the best way to start a level 10 life?
This can be a really challenging question because each person is unique and there might be different things that are a priority in your life versus someone else’s. So the first thing I recommend when doing this, is to think about what things mean the most to you, essentially your life values. If this is something you haven’t done previously I suggest checking out this post to setting up your Ikigai
What does a level 10 life mean?
This can also be really tricky to understand – while you are striving to have 10/10 across the board, because tnhat will show that your life is fulfilled and complete, it also isn’t something you should throw all your enegy into. It is create as rough guide to show you where you might want to improve your life or small things you can change in your life to improve your environment, state of mind or even education, career, family life etc. For an example, I know that I will never be 10/10 for my mental health, I suffer from PTSD, and while I can do some small things to make it better, subjectively it will never be 10/10.
Some amazing examples of a level 10 life!