50+ Examples – Creating the perfect Level 10 Life bullet Journal page – [Free Printable]
(Updated 28 Nov 2022)
Level 10 life is one of my favorite methods for assessing where I am and establishing my objectives. The end of the year is soon approaching, so now is the perfect time to consider making goals and taking stock of your life. That is exactly what we will be discussing today.
Creating the perfect level 10 life spread isn’t just about creating a spread that allows you to focus on your goals, its about setting goals that will increase your productivity and laser focus your mindset going forward. having those goals visual to you in key! So what is the level 10 life?
Want to download the level 10 life, annual planner?
This 50+ page planner helps you set those values and goals for your year ahead and sets awesome goals for mid year review too!
What is the Level 10 Life?
The concept originally became a hit through Hal Elrods Miracle mornings! The concept is quite basic. You evaluate your progress in 10 different areas of your life, and then you set goals to achieve a level 10 in each of those areas.
In essence, it’s an excellent tool for
- Create a life plan.
- Establish priorities.
- form virtuous habits
- Analyze your current situation and where you want to be in the future. Determine whether you have made any progress and what you should work on next.
You can grab it here and I think its available on kindle so grab kindle here!
Right so in the book, which focuses on how to better improve your mornings, Hal discusses the following
“If we’re measuring our levels of success/satisfaction in any area of our lives, we all want to be living our best lives at a ‘Level 10’ in each area. Creating your ‘Level 10 Life’ begins with creating an honest assessment of where you are.”
So a “Point in time” self-assessment. Hal also goes on to say:
“Whether you want to make significant improvements in just a few key areas, or you are ready for a major overhaul that will radically transform your entire life—so your current circumstances will soon become only a memory of what was—you’ve picked up the right book. You are about to begin a miraculous journey, using a simple, but revolutionary process that is guaranteed to transform any area of your life… all before 8:00 am.”
How does the level 10 life work?
Setting up a level 10 life spread in your bullet journal or planner can feel overwhelming at first, but once you have set up the first one, it is easy to keep repeating them on a regular basis to see how you are tracking! So how does the level 10 life work? Simply put, you divide your life into parts, and those parts make up a whole.
You rank those parts on how well you feel they are doing and then find goals or activities you can do to “top up” the ones that are lacking. Finding the topics that are important to you can also feel overwhelming at first, and below we have a couple that might help!
How to set up a level 10 life in your bullet journal?
The bullet journal system’s capacity to support and track personal progress is one of my favorite features.
There is always something helping you develop, whether it is observing trends in your daily task lists, gathering information on your behaviors, or practicing appreciation using a gratitude log.
In the standard process as outlined in the miracle mornings, the wheel is intended to contain eight to ten sections sections that, together, represent one way of describing a whole life. The structure is up to you and the sections are up to you. The exercise measures your level of satisfaction in these areas on the day you work through this exercise. It is not a picture of how it has been in the past or what you want it to be in the future. It is a snapshot taken in the moment. So what are some areas to focus on?
What categories should I include in my level 10 life?
Here’s a rough guide to what each area could mean:
- Spiritual – This is your inner world. You experience inner peace, a sense of connection with all things, all is good. This has nothing to do with what’s going on in the outer world. Words like hope, faith, optimism, enthusiasm come to mind.
- Career – You are doing what you love to do. What Buddha called “Right Livelihood.” You bring love to what you do. It supports your heart’s desire and supports others. It doesn’t have to be “perfect”. You may have elements you could love if you weren’t attached to things being different. Words like mission, vision, dharma, purpose come to mind.
- Finances – The expenses are paid by automatic accounting. Organized like a beautiful garden. You know where everything is, you’re tracking the increase, and you are living a lifestyle you love. Again, watch out for the ego comparing you to Oprah and saying you’re a zero.
- Physical environment – You know what this means! The clutter around you is the clutter in your mind. Your car, home, desk, clothes, everything reflects your inner world. Make sure they’re impeccably organized, old things out, space for new to come I, just like your mind. At 10, you are attracting what you desire also.
- Health and fitness: Energizing food, regular exercise, you treat your body as a beautiful template because it is!
Fun & recreation: Are you playing? Really playing? Laugh a lot, be silly, and take out your inner child at least once a week. Dream! Take fun risks, overcome fears (like skydiving) or go for a walk on the beach.
- Personal Development: Read, listen to teachers, expand who you are and exercise your mind. Don’t do this because you need to but because you really love expanding.
- Friends: Do you have close positive friends who cheer you on? Are you adding new friends and colleagues regularly? Are you stretching the kinds of people you meet to expand yourself?
- Family: Do you look forward to being with your family or are you holding grudges still? Do you let them be themselves, with no need to change? No one has a perfect family. They don’t need to change. We need to change ourselves. They help us practice unconditional love.
- Significant Other: You look forward to their company. Smile when you think of them. Even if you’re single, you are mingling, having fun, and enlightening those you meet
What other life topics can I have in my level 10 life?
Look, this list isn’t exhaustive and you should be free to explore the ones that have meaning to you and feel positive and good to you too. This list is just a couple of things that I think would be good to think about when selecting your sections of life to work on.
- Mental health
- Professional Development
- Personal Development
Although you can be somewhat flexible with the categories you choose, if you want to keep things straightforward, you can utilize the following fundamental categories:
Fitness and Wellness
Contributions and/or Giving
Enjoyment and recreation
Wedlock or Partnership
Personal Spiritual Growth
Friends and family
The most crucial thing is to choose categories that will enable you to obtain a precise picture of your life and that you feel comfortable evaluating.
What are some examples of actions in a level 10 life?
Wellbeing, Health and Fitness
- be more physically active
- period tracking/mood tracking
- sleep tracking
- body positivity
- self care pamper yourself
- stretch and move more
- screen time limits
- spend more time out doors or set a goal to hike
- wake up earlier
- medical checks done annually
- Step tracking
- couch to 5k challenge
- run a marathon
- schedule workouts or plan going to the gym
- develop a workout routine
- start workout log
Career / Business
- set goals for promotions
- set clear goals for your business (sales, products, followers)
- learn new skills
- make 4 blog posts per month
- plan your day ahead
- invest in education
- time block your tasks
- sign up for a conference
Home and environment
- create a house cleaning schedule
- declutter the house
- organize your storage
- eliminate clutter
- Buy plants or re-do your garden
- create a space or nook to decompress
- set up a security system
- look into a yoga or pilates practice
- use daily affirmations
- take out time for yourself
- start a bullet journal
- keep an art journal
- practice hand-lettering
- practice gratitude
- find activities to practice mindfulness
Family and relationships
- spend quality time with family
- create family experiences
- plan a family holiday or annual vacation
- organise a board game night
- Set clear boundaries
- Share and develop hobbies
- quality and focused time with kids
- 1:1 time with loved ones
- reach out to relatives once a week
- go on date at least once a month
- find ways to make new friends
- nurture current friendships
- discover love language for close family and friends
Healthy food and drink
- drink more water
- reduce caffeine and alcohol
- meal planning
- decrease sugar
- track moods and medications
- prepare healthy snacks and treats
- start daily journaling
- list books to read
- list of podcasts for growth
- list of things for you to try
- practice miracle morning
- reflect daily
- develop a practice of gratitude
- sign up for free online courses
- go to networking events for your business niche
- Create a functioning and effective budget
- pay off debts
- increase your savings
- save for retirement
- start budgeting
- no-spend November
- build an emergency fund
- start a bullet journal specifically for personal finances
Track your goals and personal development
The addition of the progress tracker to the original layout was another change I made. This is a feature that wouldn’t function for Level 10 Life newcomers. However, it would be ideal for anyone making a new chart afterwards.
You see, I found it difficult to meaningfully link a new chart to an old one. I could look at it again, but I wouldn’t be able to recall which portions had changed in size or shape since the prior time. I made the decision to open up that information.
Choosing your goals and writing them down in your level 10 life bullet journal spread is the next stage.
Generally, it has been demonstrated that setting goals in writing increase the likelihood of achieving them.
Additionally, you can always give your living spaces priority. Some of them might affect your life more than others.
The ones with a low rate do not need to be started, which is the most important point.
Most importantly, you get to choose how deliberate and strategic you want to be.
Set small milestones or habits to achieve the bigger goals
Once you’ve completed it, you should build up two to three daily routines for each aim that will help you achieve your objectives and enjoy a fulfilling life.
In reality, scheduling a few minutes throughout the day to jot down your goals for the upcoming year or the next five years is practically trivial.
The largest obstacle definitely arises when you attempt to stick with them.
In other words, balancing a job with everyday obligations, duties, a family, and a profession is much more difficult.
Thus, after a brief period of being highly motivated, your passion wanes.
Therefore, it’s imperative to concentrate on creating everyday routines rather than continually thinking about achieving your goals in order to stay on the correct track.
Level 10 life hacks!
Now this is something I find super duper fun! Here are a couple of tricks I like to share in relation to the level 10 life.
- Create 12 segments or sections for your life. And then focus on one segment a month
- If I have ranked my section a 7/10 I find 3 awesome goals to set to make it a 10
- I only choose sections that are relevant to my life or a priority in the near future.
- I set myself smaller goals to make the level 10 life goals a little more achievable!
How I set up my level 10 life in my bullet journal
I’ve completed the Level 10 Life chart a few times and have always had a great time with it. Every six months or so, I try to make a new chart to try to track my own development.
It enables me to pinpoint aspects of my life that I wish to develop. I can then take deliberate, practical efforts toward achieving those objectives.
This is trickier than you might think, but the Level 10 Life chart gives you a straightforward but effective way to express your true feelings about all the different aspects of your life.
You will discover how to organize your life with level 10 life bullet journal spreads presently.
In reality, it greatly aided me in seeing that I’m not where I want to be in life, changing my course, and pursuing my goals.
I was consequently able to:
to take good care of myself and have a positive outlook, gratitude and goal development.
I was able to get a new home and develop my savings for travel!
For 2020 I have set my level 10 life up in a slightly different way! I am looking forward to sharing that with you!
You can include any aspect of your life you want and for mine – I chose only 6 aspects. I used stamps to make it easier! I also wanted something that reflected my life specifically.
I started with a cover page, then headed into making the mason jars for the fireflies and fireflies represent the levels
“Fireflies are tiny messengers that whisper in the darkness; don’t lose hope, because magic does exist”
The process is straightforward. After evaluating each area of my life, I looked at the most current levels for each part in my chart. On the new chart, I would draw a dotted line to indicate the most recent level. I would record how many levels I moved in the area between the dotted line and the current level marker.
So we have included this easy to use printable for you to set yourself up or to use in your bullet journal! Click on any of the images to take you to our freebies!
What is the best way to start a level 10 life?
This can be a really challenging question because each person is unique and there might be different things that are a priority in your life versus someone else’s. So the first thing I recommend when doing this, is to think about what things mean the most to you, essentially your life values. If this is something you haven’t done previously I suggest checking out this post to setting up your Ikigai
The Level 10 Life chart is a fantastic tool for introspection and self-discovery. Everyone should give it a shot at least once, in my opinion. And don’t be afraid to alter it if you think the original version isn’t quite suitable for you.
After all, you are the one using the tool, so make it useful to you. I adore the adjustments I made to my Level 10 Life and the development I observed in myself. Next time, I can’t wait to see how much I’ve changed.
What does a level 10 life mean?
This can also be really tricky to understand – while you are striving to have 10/10 across the board, because tnhat will show that your life is fulfilled and complete, it also isn’t something you should throw all your enegy into. It is create as rough guide to show you where you might want to improve your life or small things you can change in your life to improve your environment, state of mind or even education, career, family life etc. For an example, I know that I will never be 10/10 for my mental health, I suffer from PTSD, and while I can do some small things to make it better, subjectively it will never be 10/10.